There was once a time when our fruit and vegetables were seasonal, but a lot of our foods today are treated with chemicals and other scientific processes. The most important nutrients our bodies need for healthy bones and to build strong muscles is nutritious raw food and many women today are miserable today because of the physical-, social, and psychological aspects of being overweight and having sagging muscles. Using your muscles stimulates bone formation and to do this our muscles need a daily intake of the right vitamins and minerals. But how do we get the body we want if we don’t eat meat or we don’t have access to organic vegetables? Look at a beautiful race horse; it is all rippling muscle, but it is a completely herbivorous animal. A vegetarian bodybuilding diet for women can also build muscle and strength. Although there is no one optimal diet to suit everyone’s body building needs, there are a few general guidelines:
Protein for Repair
– to build muscle you will need to consume more calories than you burn through exercise
– choose from healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, beans, grains and protein
– protein comes from plant foods
– include variety so that you get the essential amino acids you need
– there are a number of excellent protein options available to vegetarians based on whole plant foods – Plant Fusion and Sun Warrior are two good names when looking for a quick and easy vegetarian bodybuilding diet for women
Protein from Plant Sources
– the average amount of protein required for a woman weighing about 135 pounds will be 90 grams of – – protein per day and about 1,500 calories a day
– excess protein from animal sources can lead to serious health risks
– athletes and bodybuilders only need a slightly higher intake of protein
– it is important to spread protein intake throughout the day
– a sample pre-workout breakfast smoothie can include beet, chia seed, kale, hemp seed, orange, flax seed, maca and Vega Whole Food Optimizer
Drink 2 plant-powered Super Shakes Each Day.
– using a blender these ingredients can increase your calorie intake and build muscles.
– handful each of frozen strawberries and fresh spinach
– 2 tablespoons of raw almond butter
– 5 ice cubes
– 3 scoops of vanilla protein powder from a good brand
– 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1/4 cup coconut flakes
Amino Acids Necessary for Protein Production
– a vegetarian bodybuilding diet for women needs a sufficient amount of each amino acid every day
– 12 amino acids made by the body; we need to get the other 8 from our food
– plant-based diets contain a wide variety of amino acid profiles
– eggs and dairy provide all the amino acids you need
– a simple vegan meal which offers a good sources of protein is beans and rice. Beans are low in methionine and high in lysine with rice being high in methionine and low in lysine. Combined that offer excellent protein content.
Higher Protein Requirements for Fitness Enthusiasts
– vegan protein powders contain all the essential muscle-building components
– excellent great tasting raw, plant-based protein powder
– look for gluten free protein powders which are non-GM- genetically modified
– look for powders free of solvents, artificial flavors, radiation, artificial preservatives, coloring, soy, – added sugars and yeast
– consumed straight up or mixed with fruit juices
Women Bodybuilders Need to Boost their B-2
A vegetarian bodybuilding diet for women needs to carefully plan meals to avoid deficiencies in certain vitamins and minerals which can hinder strength training.
– vitamin B2, known as riboflavin breaks fats and carbohydrates for energy for working muscles
– 30 minutes of exercise each day for women lowers riboflavin in the body
– good sources of riboflavin include skim milk, grain products, bread, non-fat yoghurt
– if you can’t get good foods, you an supplement because these help vegetarians to get adequate amounts of vitamin B, zinc, selenium, magnesium, vitamin D, carnosine, creatine, carnitine, taurine, choline and DHA/EPA
– all supplements are available in vegetarian versions.
A vegetarian bodybuilding diet for women has many benefits which are worthy of consideration:
– the plant-based diet facilitates high-carbohydrate intake which is needed to support prolonged exercise
– vegetarian diets rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains enjoy high amounts of antioxidant nutrients
– antioxidant nutrients reduce stress which comes with heavy exertion
– vegetarian diets provide long-term health benefits with a reduction in risk of chronic disease.
Nature has provided us with everything we need to optimize the functioning and health of the immune system. A vegetarian bodybuilding diet for women is adopted by those who realize that to reduce and maintain a healthy body weight over the long-term requires a person to make lifestyle changes that become part of their day to day living. Sustained exercise and good eating habits simply improves the quality of life, builds strong muscles and also reduces the risk of disease.